Eco...composing...studies. Ok. Ready and steady, I'm working on it.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
About Me
I registered with this fake name back then because it's shorter and easier than my real name. My first American teacher calls me Christine which is long to me. Then I end up with Chris. Joe sounds exactly like my real family name. So here comes Chris Joe, a first year PhD candidate in English rhetoric and composition. I came from a master program that helps me a bit with the comparative rhetoric study between English and classical Chinese. I didn't really start establishing a good knowledge bank for composition studies until...a year ago. I read some essays about ecology of composition a while ago. Therefore, I'm glad that I got a chance to learn it in a real sense now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like the fake name, but you want to be called SiYang, right?
ReplyDeleteHave you seen the latest CCC on Chinese rhetoric? If yes, I am curious what is your impression of it.
Yes! I have read the special issue on Chinese rhetoric.In fact, Luming Mao, the editor of that issue is my former mentor. I visited and talked with him briefly about this during the past spring break.Overall, I like the several aspects the special issue looks into. I think it presents the recent concerns in the field,and I'm surprised that they actually made the studies an independant issue.
ReplyDelete